Jana has over thirteen years of experience in healthcare consulting, providing financial advisory services to healthcare organizations to minimize compliance and financial risk and ensures that financial arrangements meet the complex requirements related to FMV. She works with health systems, healthcare attorneys, and physician leadership to provide transactional and strategic support to hospitals and other healthcare entities focusing on consulting and fair market value services related to aligning with providers. Her business valuation experience includes physician practices, ASCs, imaging centers, radiation oncology centers, hospitals, and other healthcare entities. She has issued fair market value opinions on various types of provider compensation such as employed and independent physicians, call coverage, and medical directorships, as well as professional services, co-management, and management services arrangements.
Prior to Pinnacle, Jana was with a national healthcare advisory firm where she led provider compensation and business valuations for healthcare systems and physician practice clients. She also held several managerial positions where she provided fair market value opinions and business valuations to healthcare systems and hospital clients.
Jana earned her MBA in finance from the University of Denver and her BS in Actuarial Science from Butler University. She is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) and a member of the Denver Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers and the Colorado Chapter Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Implications in Structuring Value-Based Arrangements: A Practice Approach, AHLA Health Care Transactions Conference, April 2023, co-presenter
- Directed FMV opinions on diverse types of provider compensation (employed and independent, call coverage, medical directorships), professional services, and management services arrangements
- Lead business valuation projects involving controlling and minority interests in health systems, hospitals, physician practices, ASCs, diagnostic imaging centers, and other health-care related businesses
- Developed strategies for clients involving value-based arrangements
- Advised clients on transaction advisory initiatives, involving deal structures and comprehensive model structures
Professional Designations and Affiliations
- Denver Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Colorado