- Pinnacle Top 5
Stay informed with what The Pinnacle Group is reading in relation to current events and topics within the healthcare industry.
Health Care simplified: Part 1
Dr. Sanjay Gupta explains how your care may change and how much you’ll pay if the current health care bill is approved.
Online Disclosure of Physician/Industry Relationships
The Cleveland Clinic and some of its leading physicians have been criticized for their financial associations with industry and the limited disclosure of these relationships to patients and the public. In response, the medical center has strengthened its policies and oversight with regard to conflicts of interest and required that all industry relationships be submitted for approval. Since December 2008, it has also disclosed on its Web site (www.clevelandclinic.org) some of the industry ties of its 2000 physicians and researchers and their immediate families.
Can Health Care Come With a Warranty?
In the policy journal Health Affairs, Francois de Brantes, a nationally known advocate of health care quality, and his co-authors propose a new health care reimbursement model that comes with a warranty.
Hospital Strategies for Effective Performance Management – An HFMA Educational Report
Optimally managing costs and clinical quality depends on understanding and managing a hospital’s performance drivers. By creating the right organizational structure and processes for accessing and reporting data, hospital leadership can more effectively manage the organization’s resources and improve performance.
How healthy is the county you live in?
Americans can now go online and find out how the county they live in ranks in terms of health outcomes and health factors. This is all part of the report that ranks the overall health of all 50 states, from healthiest to least healthy, courtesy of the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. They’re calling this report, “the first annual checkup for every county in the nation.”
Health care reform and you
CNN’s chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, answers viewer questions on the health care reform bill.Continue reading →
- The Pinnacle Group Co-sponsors with Husch Blackwell Sanders in Weathering the Storm: Critical Legal & Operational Issues Shaping Healthcare in 2010 (3/04/2010)
Weathering the Storm:
Critical Legal & Operational Issues
Shaping Healthcare in 2010
The Pinnacle Group is proud to join together with Husch Blackwell Sanders and invite you to our 2010 healthcare forecast, where you can learn how your organization can successfully ride out the storm.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Noon Registration and Lunch
1-5 pm Program
Warwick Denver Hotel
1776 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203
Reception following program:
Husch Blackwell Sanders office
One block west of Warwick hotel
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 4700
Denver, CO 80203
Please register by Thursday, February 25 by visiting the website www.huschblackwell.com/denverhealthcare. Select your breakout sessions and indicate if you will join us for the reception. For questions contact Shana How at 816.983.8809 or email email@example.com.
Colorado CLE credit is pending
Trends in Hospital Physician Integration
A Former Federal Prosecutor’s Views on Healthcare Enforcement Trends for 2010
Breakout Session I:
– Preparing for and Responding to RAC & MIC Audits
– Medical Staff Landmines: Disruptive PhysiciansBreakout Session II:
– Maintaining FMV Perspective in Physician Contracting
– Healthcare Quality Initiatives: The Next Big Thing
Event co-sponsored by The Pinnacle Group
- Introducing Physician FMV Online for 2010
The Pinnacle Physician FMV Program 2010 Overview
We are proud to celebrate the Pinnacle Physician FMV Program’s fourth year and would like to thank you for your support and feedback as we continue to improve our analytical tools and data robustness. Over one hundred hospitals nationally have found that the Pinnacle Physician FMV Program empowers them to make smart and supportable decisions with regard to physician compensation fair market value matters.
For 2010, we are excited to introduce Physician FMV Online. Our new online application offers the workbooks in a more user-friendly format along with the ability to generate custom opinion letters on the fly, data backed by Pinnacle’s FMV opinion as well as includes detailed data on compensation for employed physicians, medical director hourly rates and daily call payments. This new feature allows you to drill down the data you need, keep track of physician relationships and access the FMV Network data to conduct your own research.
- The Program generally pays for itself in two uses (i.e., avoiding fees for focused consulting reports).
- The Program saves significant time—where energy can be redirected to more pressing matters (strategy, operations, etc.). Based on our participants’ experience, the program successfully supports:
- 80+ % Medical Directorship Agreements
- 60+ % Employment Arrangements
- 40+ % Physician Call / Availability Payment Arrangements
- Participant return on investment (ROI) of over 300% to 500%
- As a benefit of Program participation, hospitals are given access to market comparable data on physician arrangements at other participating hospitals. This information is continually updated.
- In addition to the efficiency and savings, the Program creates consistency across physician contracts and promotes Medicare/IRS compliance.
- Use of the Program payment ranges is backed by an objective and proven third-party methodology.
- The Program increases the organizational capacity and sensitivity for identifying and solving physician compensation challenges.
To schedule a demo, contact Kimberly Berkey: (p) 303.801.0123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Few New Changes for Pinnacle
Thank you for taking a moment to read our blog. Coming soon, the Pinnacle Team will be using this blog to provide you with relevant information related to various aspects the healthcare industry. The Pinnacle Group provides a range of strategic, financial and operational services to help hospitals, health systems, physician groups and other healthcare organizations improve their clinical and business performance. Pinnacle Healthcare services seek to simplify success in healthcare. By building relationships and championing innovation, we have created a dynamic set of services backed by a powerful team to help you solve the most complex challenges. With our new blog, we hope to pass on useful information to keep you current on the happenings in healthcare.
Thank you for your time and please visit again soon!
The Pinnacle Team
Continue reading →