Robert brings more than 25 years of experience in healthcare strategy, business development and operations to Pinnacle. Serving as a Director within the Strategy and Operations team, Robert primarily focuses on interim CEO/Strategy assignments, assistance with rural health strategies and community needs assessments. He also provides guidance and support for telehealth programs and fair market value guide development.
As a seasoned healthcare executive with demonstrated success throughout his career, Robert has held C-suite and other operational and strategic positions on the east and west coasts, and in the Rocky Mountain region, for both large and small healthcare organizations and networks.
Robert has also led the development of several "first-to-market" programs, including a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in Boulder County (Colorado), telehealth programs that became national models while at Banner Health, and the tobacco "Quitline" cessation programs for the States of Colorado, Idaho, Montana and Ohio while at National Jewish Health.
Prior to joining Pinnacle, Robert was the Principal at Summit Healthcare Strategies where he served rural hospitals in both interim CEO and strategic consulting roles. Robert received his Bachelor of Science degree from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, and his MBA from National University in San Diego, California. He is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE).
- Walking a Mile in Another's Shoes Starts with Only One Step, LinkedIn.com, May 6, 2019
- Remote Patient Monitoring: Necessity and the Desire for Improvement, MobileHelp Healthcare, April 18, 2019
- Starting A Telehealth Program in Rural Hospitals and Clinics: a Ten-point Primer, HealthTechS3, December 1, 2018
- Telehealth and the Law of the Hammer, LinkedIn.com, August 23, 2018
- Remote Patient Monitoring: Why we need High-Tech AND High-Touch Health Care, LinkedIn.com, June 11, 2018
- Medicare needs to Follow VA’s Lead, Fund Telehealth in All Communities, LinkedIn.com, November 5, 2017
- Time to Stop Leaving Money on the Table: Holding Discharge Partners Accountable, LinkedIn.com, April 14, 2017
- 30-day Readmission Rates: The road to improvement lies in identifying proper discharge disposition, strategic partners, LinkedIn.com, March 15, 2017
- Culture and Strategy: A Mutually Symbiotic Relationship, Ohio Rural Health Conference, Perrysville, Ohio, August 13, 2019 (State-wide audience)
- The Evolution/Revolution of Remote Patient Monitoring, MobileHelp Healthcare Annual Town Hall Meeting, Boca Raton, Florida, June 21, 2019 (national audience)
- The First 90 Days of A Healthcare Executive, HealthTechS3 National Webinar, June 6, 2019 (national audience)
- Interim Leadership: CEO Stories from the Front Line, HealthTechS3 National Webinar, April 10, 2019 (national audience)
- Physical, Mental & Social Well Being - How Challenges Are Met in Rural Areas, 2018 Pro15 Fall Conference and Gubernatorial Debate, October 19, 2018, Greeley, Colorado (state-wide audience)
- Leveling the Field for Small Hospitals, Rural Clinics and Physician Practices, Xtelligent Media Value-based Care Summit – Telehealth 2018, June 7, 2018, San Diego, California (international audience)
- Starting from Scratch – How to Design and Launch a Telehealth Program, two-hour presentation and workshop, Xtelligent Media Value-based Care Summit – Telehealth 2018, June 8, 2018, San Diego, California (international audience)
- Living at Home: Options Along This Continuum of Care: Looking at the PACE Model, Mobile Urgent Care, and Telemedicine, 2018 Caregiving Symposium, May 17, 2018, Boulder, Colorado (state-wide audience)
Professional Designations and Affiliations
Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)