Curtis has more than two decades of management experience in the provider and consulting settings and has more recently focused on strategic and valuation consulting services around provider relationships in the healthcare industry. As part of the Pinnacle leadership team, Curtis directs our growing and highly talented team of valuation experts and leverages his extensive experience working closely with hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, and other healthcare providers.
Prior to Pinnacle, Curtis was a managing director of transaction advisory services and the director of valuation services for two national healthcare consulting firms where he worked with clients including law firms, hospitals, ancillary service providers, physician practices, and life sciences clients.
Curtis currently serves as the Chair of the American Bar Association Health Law Business and Transactions Interest Group and Distance Learning and National Institute Committee. Curtis is an expert for the Healthcare Financial Management Association Forums. He was also named an inaugural ‘40 Under 40’ honoree by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) where he developed a semi-annual four-day healthcare valuation training program and has served as an instructor.
Curtis is a licensed CPA in the state of Florida and holds the Certified Valuation Analysis, Accredited Senior Appraiser, Accredited in Business Valuation, and Certified Healthcare Financial Professional designations.
- Physician Compensation in Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs, coauthored with Bobby Stamper, Compliance Today, November 2017, Volume 19, Issue 11
- Fair Market Value in Hospital and Physician Transactions: Complying with Anti-Kickback and Self-Referral Laws, Strafford Webinar, March 3, 2020
- Physician Arrangements Panel, HCCA's Dallas Regional Healthcare Compliance Conference, February 14, 2020
- Gainsharing Arrangements and Bundled Payments: OIG Advisory Opinion and Other Developments, Strafford live webinar, November 14, 2019
- The Business and Operations of ASCs, Becker's ASC 26th Annual Meeting, October 24-26, 2019
- Stark and AKS Proposed Rules: What You Need to Know, AHLA's Live webinar, October 24, 2019
- Physician Compensation Issues in The New Value-Based World, ABA Physicians Legal Issues Conference, September 12-14, 2019
- Current Valuation Trends in ASC Transactions, Garfunkel Wild's New York Metro ASC Symposium, November 2, 2018
- Current Valuation of ASC's, McDermott Will & Emery's Physician Practice Management & ASC Symposium, April 25, 2018
- Population Management - A Strategy for Aligning Patients or Engaging Physicians or Both?, Presented with Kyle Kramer of Pinnacle Healthcare Consulting, IMPI Healthcare Financial Institute, April 22, 2018
- Health Law Fundamentals from ACA to Valuation, Presented with Juliet McBride of King and Spalding and Thomas Donohoe of Hall Render, American Bar Association Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law, February 21, 2018
- Achieving Hospital-Physician Integration through Effective Co-Management Agreements, Presented with Bill Mathias of Baker Donelson, American Health Lawyers Association Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute, February 6, 2018
- Assisted major health system in the acquisition of an ambulatory surgery center network
- Assisted publicly traded dialysis company in the development of major nephrology joint venture with health system and physicians covering over 10 sites
- Developed efficiency program for health system involving over 300 employed and contracted physicians, health system, and captive insurance program including the development of bundled payment and gainsharing models
- Facilitated the purchase and developed the subsequent compensation package for the acquisition of a physician practice with over 200 providers
Professional Designations and Affiliations
- Chair, Business and Transactions Interest Group, American Bar Association Health Law Section
- Forum’s Expert, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Member, Florida Institute of CPAs Healthcare Conference
- Editor, Ambulatory M&A Advisor