- We are excited to introduce the NEW PICS Medical Coding Blog and our blog authors, the PICS Professional Medical Coding Team . . .
- Pinnacle is attending the ACDIS 12th Annual Conference on May 20th-23rd. Pinnacle’s attendees are Kelly Loya, Jodi Nayoski and Jeannie Kelly
- Pinnacle will be attending AAPC’s Healthcon 2019. Pinnacle attendees include Jodi Nayoski, Lori Carlin and Robin Peterson. Stop by our booth (#322) to learn more about our services
- Pinnacle is attending and speaking at the HCCA’s 23rd Annual Compliance Institute. Kelly Loya will be presenting on April 9th, and Kelly Nueske will be presenting on April 10th. Please stop by our booth (#314) and connect with Curtis, Kristen, Jodi, and Helen
- Pinnacle Integrated Coding Solutions is Attending HEALTHCON 2019 in Vegas. Stop by and Learn About Our Services at Booth 322
- CMS Changes Coverage for ICDs
- CMS 2019 E/M Changes: Reduce Burden and Excel in Patient Care
- Critical Care is Critical to the OIG: Know the Requirements
- 2019 CPT Changes-E/M Services
- Heart Failure vs. Dysfunction
We are excited to introduce the NEW PICS Medical Coding Blog
and our blog authors, the PICS Professional Medical Coding Team . . .
Please sign up for our coding blog as a great way to stay informed on medical coding changes that impact the work you do every day. This is also a great place to stay up to date on industry changes, as well as a fantastic training tool and resource where you can learn best practices from highly experienced coders.
Our authors consist of a talented and diverse team of healthcare professionals who hold a wide range of certifications and deliver revenue cycle solutions for providers, hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers and health plans – making them an exceptional resource for our new blog.
Medical Coding Blog Authors:
PICS Leadership Team:
Lori Carlin, CPC, COC, CPCO, CCS
Director, Professional Coding Services
Lori brings over 20 years of health care operations and management experience to Pinnacle. Her knowledge and expertise includes revenue cycle management, coding and auditing, edit and denial management, quality assurance, professional staff training, physician education, operations and documentation improvement efforts.
Director, Client Relations
Charlie brings nearly 20 years of healthcare sales and management experience to the leadership team, focusing on client relations and business development. Given Pinnacle’s growth, his strategic guidance will allow us to more effectively align our vast resources with client needs.
Robin Peterson, CPC, CPMA
Manager, Professional Coding Services
Robin has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, including provider and professional fee coding, internal audit, health information management, revenue cycle operations, regulatory compliance, enterprise risk management and litigation support.
PICS Professional Coding Team:
Jessica Sullivan, CPC
Coding Project Specialist
Jessica is a certified professional coder with 4 years of experience focusing on professional coding, edits and denial resolution. She also performs organizational risk assessments and provides administrative and project management support. In addition, Jessica supports workflow processes and data analysis, conducts new employee orientation and supports leadership with project tasks and timelines.
LeeAnn Fox, CPC
LeeAnn is a certified professional coder with more than 6 years of experience across multiple specialties. Her primary focus is cardiology, neurology and emergency medicine within the Pinnacle coding team. Prior to Pinnacle, LeeAnn supported an ENT provider practice as their coder and billing specialist.
Mary P. Hurley, CPC
Mary is a certified professional coder with a broad background that spans 15 years and includes project management, process improvement and technical support. Her customer relationship skills are excellent and are further complimented by her expertise in professional fee coding, medical claims processing, government and third party payer rules and regulation, denials and appeals preparations.
Autumn Hull, CPMA, CPC, CEMC, CCA, CPAR
Autumn is certified professional coder and auditor with over 4 years of experience performing professional coding and audits for insurance carriers and healthcare providers. Specialties include cardiology, oncology, gastroenterology and more. Autumn is skilled in E/M coding, auditing, Epic Systems and Encoder software. She is also a strong research professional working claim edits and denials.
Alysia Delozier, CPC
Alysia is a certified professional coder with 3 years of experience in advanced family practice coding. She is also experienced in medical administration including spreadsheet and database development and data entry. Alysia is a significant asset to the coding team and has advanced knowledge of electronic medical record and practice management systems.
Tracy has more than 20 years of experience in business/office management, communications and marketing. As a tremendous resource to the coding team, her skill set includes customer relations, vendor oversight, project management, regulatory compliance, bookkeeping, budgeting, human resources and medical records management.